Right-of-occupancy housing is a mix between rental and owner-occupied housing. Residents of right-of-occupancy housing pay a right-of-occupancy fee and a monthly management fee. The apartment cannot be redeemed, but the resident has a permanent right to live in it. The provisions on right-of-occupancy housing are laid down in a separate Act. With a few exceptions, right-of-occupancy dwellings are financed with state support in the form of state-subsidised housing loans or interest subsidy loans. The provisions on joint management by residents and owners are laid down in the same Act as for interest subsidised rental housing.
- Finlex: Right-of-Occupancy Housing Act 650/1990
- Finlex: Decree of the Ministry of the Environment on Applications for Right-of-Occupancy Housing 793/2003 (in Finnish)
- Finlex: Decree of the Ministry of the Environment on Contracts for Right-of-Occupancy Housing 794/2003 (in Finnish)
- Finlex: Act on Right-of-Occupancy Housing Associations 1072/1994 (falls under the branch of activity of the Ministry of Justice)
- Finlex: Government Decree on Entering and Removing Restrictions on Use and Assignment for Right-of-Occupancy Dwellings 78/2006 (in Finnish), memorandum 19 December 2018 of electronic residential and commercial property information system (pdf, in Finnish) and original memorandum 16 January 2006 (pdf, in Finnish)
- Finlex: Act on State-Subsidised Housing Loans (ARAVA Act) 1189/1993
- Finlex: Act on Interest Subsidy for Rental Housing Loans and Right of Occupancy Housing Loans 604/2001
- Finlex: Government Decree on Interest Subsidy for Rental Housing Loans and Right of Occupancy Housing Loans 666/2001, memorandum 13 June 2018 of new loan terms (pdf, in Finnish)
- Finlex: Act on Joint Management of Rental Buildings 649/1990
Part-ownership housing is a form of housing in which the tenant first pays rent for the apartment and, after the rental period, has the right to buy the apartment outright. Part-ownership housing can be built with state subsidies or private financing. Provisions on state-subsidised part-ownership housing are laid down in a separate Act, which entered into force on 1 March 2002. The terms and conditions relating to part-ownership apartments financed before this date are based only on the agreements between residents and producers of housing. Resident selection for part-ownership housing produced with interest subsidy schemes is based on the same criteria as with state-subsided rental apartments.
- Finlex: Act on Part-Ownership Dwellings Financed with Interest Subsidy Loans 232/2002 (in Finnish)
- Finlex: Act on Joint Management of Rental Buildings 649/1990 (pdf)
- Finlex: Government Decree on the Selection of Tenants for State-Subsidised (ARAVA) and Interest-Subsidy Rental Dwellings 166/2008, memorandum 12 March 2008 (pdf, in Finnish)